What Is SEO or Search Engine Optimization ?
It is an activity to improve Web Pages & websites to construct the search engine easy-going & thus obtain higher positions in search results.
SEO is all about improving a site’s rankings in the organic section of the search results.
SEO is classified into two types
1. White Hat SEO
2. Black Hat SEO
White Hat SEO:
It stands for improvisation on strategies, techniques, and plans which concentrate on Human audience which opposed to search engine and it completely follows policies and rules of Search engine.
Black Hat SEO:
Techniques that search engines refuse and try to decrease the effect of these techniques.
How do Search Engines work?
Search Engine refers to a huge database of internet resources such as web pages, newsgroups, programs, images, etc. It helps to locate information on World Wide Web.
Search engines have three primary functions:
- Web crawler: It is a software component that traverses the web to gather information.
- Search index: Store and organize the content found during the crawling process. Once a page is in the index, it’s in the running to be displayed as a result of relevant queries.
- Rank: In the final step, search engines Provide the pieces of content that will best solve a searcher’s query, which means that results are ordered from most relevant to least relevant. This is known as ranking
- How SEO Works?
SEO works by optimizing your site for the search engine that you want to rank for, whether it’s Google, Bing, Amazon, or YouTube. If you want more organic traffic to your web pages, then you need to understand and cater to Google’s algorithm
Since each search engine has a different ranking algorithm
- Google Algorithm:
There are various types of Algorithm such as
It’s all related to “quality content” on your website.
Your content must be unique.
User-friendly/ user was engaging.
No Keyword Stuffing
Keyword density must be 2-3 % only.
It’s all connected to “Quality links” in your websites.
High authority site Link
Relevant link building
Paid link building
Spam link building
Irrelevant link building
1.Humming Bird :
It gives you the quick and precise result of your queries in search engine. It analyzes every word’s meaning and gives you the answer. Google Hummingbird is part of the main Google search algorithm.
It provides more useful, to the point and accurate local search results that are tied more closely to traditional web search ranking signals.
A keyword is a term that is used to match with the query a person enters into a search engine to find specific information. Most people enter search phrases that
Consists of two to five words. Such phrases may be called search phrases, keyword phrases, query phrases, or just keywords.
Types of the keyword in SEO:
1. Short tail keyword: 2,3 words per Keyword
For Ex. 1. Hotel in Pune
- Samsung mobile phone
- Long tail keyword: 3,4 and more
For Ex. 1. Best veg-non veg hotel in Pune
2.Samsung mobile phones under 10000 rupees
- Keyword planner (for keyword research)
- Spyfu and k-meta (for competitor keyword research tool)
On-Page Element: It is the act of optimizing different parts of your website that affect your search engine rankings. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page that can be optimized.
- URL: Keyword must be in the URL. It should be in a small letter. Space & underscores should be replaced by a hyphen
- Heading: The format of Heading should be in <h1> Heading </h1>.
Every page has only one H1 TAG. Put your main keyword in H1.
Image with ALT Tag: It is the name of the image; the image must be used ALT tag for crawler Understanding.
- Content: Quality content should be on your website follows by the PANDA algorithm.
- Links: Internal and external links should be there on your website.
- Internal Links: An internal link connects one page of a website to a different page on the same website. In an internal link, the source domain and target domain are the same.
- External Links: External Links point from one domain to a new domain. They may be links from your website to another website that provide additional information for readers.
- Footer: Footer is an important part of your website for better understanding for
Crawler. It is also an important part of page factors.
Meta tag Optimization:
- Meta Title: A title tag is an HTML element that specifies the title of the webpage. The title tag shows search engine result pages. As the clickable Headline for a given result. Simply, it “explains” the page so a browser can understand it. It includes between 50 to70 characters
- Meta Description: The Meta description is the short paragraph of text placed in the HTML of a webpage that describes its content. The Meta description will then appear under your page’s URL in the search results. It has 170 character limits.
- Sitemap: It is a file where you provide information about the page, videos, and other files on your site and the relationship between them. Search engines like Google read this file to crawl your site.
Types of Sitemap:
- XML sitemap: A long form of XML is an extensible markup language. It helps BOTS to crawl the website in a better way. It also helps them to understand which are the most important URL on site.
- HTML sitemap: A long form of HTML is a hypertext markup language. It is for the user. It helps visitors to guide across the websites easily.
- Canonical tags: It is a way of telling the search engine that a specific URL presents the master copy of a page. Using this we prevent problems caused by duplicate content appearing on multiple URLs. In other words, it tells the search engines which content is original or duplicate.
- Redirection: A redirect is a way to send both users and search engines to a different URL from the one they originally requested. There are some types of redirects.
- 301 Redirect: 301 (Permanent Redirect) should be used to indicate a permanently moved page and to avoid confusing search engines.
- 302 Redirect: A 302 (Temporary Redirect) Temporary Redirect one Url to another Url
- SSL: SSL stands for Secure Socket layer. It is used to boost the ranking of your website. It is the industry standard for web security technology.
- Domain Name SEO: Domain names are the unique, human-readable Internet addresses of websites.
- Robots.txt: It is used by websites to communicate with web crawlers and other web robots. This is avoiding to overloading of your sites.
- Link Building: It is a process of the buildup of other websites to link back to your website.
Do Follow: Do follow Link is a hyperlink that can tell all search engines to pass along its page to an outbound link.
No Follow: It is a hyperlink that removes the ability to pass on its page rank status to another site
- PA/DA Checker :
- Page Authority: Page Authority scores range from 1 to 100, It’s higher scores stands for a greater ability to rank. It developed by MOZ because the page will rank on search engine result pages
- Domain Authority: Domain Authority scores range from 1 to 100. It was developed by MOZ because the page will rank on search engine result pages.
- Link Building Activity Platforms:
- Social Bookmarking
- Document Sharing
- PPT Submission
- PDF submission
- Image Sharing
- Infographic Submission
- Video Sharing
- Article Submission
- Guest Posting